WHERE WE ARE
IN THE HEART
OF VERONA CITY
Stravagante Hostel is in via Gianattilio dalla Bona 8 just outside Porta Palio city gate, in a very excellent position to visit the city centre. The famous Verona Arena is less than 15 min walking far. We're also 5 min walking from the central railway and bus station, which makes it very easy to enjoy and explore the surroundings and the lovely Garda lake region.
SOME USEFUL INFORMATION
A few steps from our hostel, following Adige’s bank through the ancient city walls, a shrine of beauty awaits you: old roads and shops, museums, lovely squares, ancient buildings, castles, churches and amphitheates. Verona will give you an unforgettable experience. A UNESCO world heritage site since 2000, Verona is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Among hundreds of places worth visiting we recommend:
- the Verona Arena, a renown roman amphiatheatre among the best preserved in which you can enjoy unique shows, lirical festivals and international artists concerts
- San Zen Basilica, a majestic medieval church
- Piazza delle Erbe, the marvelous city's main square
- Giulietta court with her famous balcony of love
- and then the Filarmonic Theatre, the Roman Theatre, Sotto Riva, Le Regaste, the Castel Vecchio, the Arsenale and many more.
Very close to the city, the Valpolicella region and its surroundings will offer you some of the best wines of Italy: Bardolino, Bianco di Custoza, Lugana, Soave and Valpolicella.
In the southern part of the city, 2 km far from downtown, you may also visit the Fiera di Verona. This 120 years old important exhibition center hosts many international exhibitions such as Fieracavalli, Vinitaly, Marmomacc, Fieragricola and a very high number of exquisite national and local events.